Re: [VAC] New member

Hi Murray, I live in Wisconsin and have pulled a 26 foot 5th wheel Jayco RV
about 20,000 miles between Wisconsin and Arizona with a 1993 Dodge Dakota
with a 318 and the same tow package. I never had one bit of trouble pulling
it and got 10-15 mpg doing so. It strained just a little bit climbing
through the passes of New Mexico but it just took me a little longer then
those in a hurry. I upgraded to a 31 foot Jayco 5th wheel with a slider when
I retired and bought a 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 and 454 engine to pull that. I
still have the Dakota and pulled a 1975 Sovereign 31 foot 200 miles from
northern Wisconsin to my home in central Wisconsin this spring with no
problems at all except for the fact I had no trailer brakes.

While I would recommend a little bigger truck for towing a 31 foot RV I
don't think you will have any trouble towing an Airstream as your dealer
said.

I say , go for it.

Just my opinion:  Dave Carr