Re: [VAC] New member

I disagree with some of you on the necessity of a big tow vehicle.  In my
opinion a 29 ft would be comfortable with the Dakota PU.  So you need to
shit down on steep mountain grades.  Big deal!  Haven't you oticed even
the biggest of trucks gea down?  Not only going up but also going
down-certainly saves the breaks.  Why would you ever allow a motor to be
lugged?  You can go all the way to first if you need.  What percentage of
the time are you going up really steep mountains.  I have crossed the
Continental Divide in about every location on a hiway and never found it
a problem to shift down.  That's what the passing lanes are for.  Think
about the extra $'s and the extra fuel you are poluting with.  So, you
are 10 min. later arriving.  What are you  going to do with that 10 min?

From an old timer who has 7 A/S  from 16 to 31 feet during 23 years and
about 10 different tow vehicles,

Kathy