[VAC] curtains

Hi Doug,

We are in the process of updating our 1979 Execlla 500.  It was purchased new
by my mother in law and we received it when she passed away.

One of the things we have done of course is the drapes.  In reading this
thread I  noticed that most of the options were covered.

I agree with Em's statement that you will probably get a better product and
just what you want if you or someone you know can sew.  This way you can
choose your own fabric.

Since I can't (or dont want to) to sew.  We opted for a local seamstress.
She had never done drapes for an airstream but she had made drapes for homes.
 She came and looked at them and took the old ones for patterns.  The
finished product is great -- not cheap but great.  They really make the
trailer.  And we had them in two weeks.  Plus I was able to use the fabric
that I wanted and the get them very quickly.  If you chose this route you can
buy the plastic T and G hooks that ride in the tracks from an airstream
dealer.

Some people purchase ready made drapes and adapt them to the trailer.  I have
seen this done and it looked okay but I really like the custom fit.  And
while custom is more expensive it is something you do once every 15 - 20
years or so.

Now it is on to the floor.  We (I should say my husband) is installing Pergo
throughout the trailer.  And I must say he does not work as fast as my
seamstress.  But then again he is not getting paid as well!  LOL

Good luck and I would be interested to know what you decide on your drapes.

Cynthia and Raymond Richard
WBCCI #1445
1979 Excella 500 (not vintage yet but soon)