RE: [VAC] transmission coolers-

For what it is worth to those with heating problems.

In regards to trailering in the hot climates ( I am in Fort Worth), and have
a 91 Chevy Suburban, 2500, 454 eng. A very bad year for the 454, poor
performance and runs very hot.  There is a company: PRO-BLEND CHEMICAL CO.:
TECH TEL: 336-723-9403, ORDER TEL: 800-331-9520. They make chemical cooling
solutions for the radiator (drops the temperature 30 degrees, eng. oil and
transmission oil cooling chemicals.  These are used by NASCAR racers and
others. I have talked to a fellow where I purchased a transmission cooler
and temp. gage. He stated that it works as advertised.  The radiator only
uses 1 QT. of antifreeze so it must be changed during the cold weather. I
will install this within the next month and monitor the temperatures very
closely.

Regards,

Bud J.
73, 31 FT. L.Y Twin (For Sale)