Re: [VAC] Ammonia cycle refrigerators.

Greg,
 I've heard that the Norcold is better than the Dometic (someplace,
can't remember where). It works exactly the same as the Dometic, so
general rules still apply.

Check for power at the thermostat, then at the leads going to the
element. You can also ohmmeter the element, POWER OFF and at least one
lead disconnected. It should read some continuity, probably fairly low
(100 ohms or less, but I'm guessing). If your troubleshooting leads to
the element, see if you can get one from either Norcold or RV Mobile
(http://www.rvmobile.com). It shouldn't be too expensive, and shouldn't
be too bad a job to replace, but you may have to remove the fridge to do
the job.

                                  <<Jim>>