RE: [VAC] SUV"s for towing

I occasionally pull a 61 24' with a 89 RR, I installed the OME HD Springs
and Shocks which stiffened it up considerably without losing the off road
capability. Mine has the 3.9 so it works pretty hard on the hills, if
someone put a 5.4 in yours it should pull it easily. It is no Suburban, of
course, but it is heavy and  factory equipped for towing 3500 lbs with
factory class III reciever, tranny cooler, hd radiator, hd 4wheel discs and
all. With my trailer brakes working well it is quite capable when driven
intelligently. John is right, LRover does not recommend a weight
distribution hitch At All, so that is not an option. Again, I do not use
this vehicle for cross country interstate towing, but for getting up in the
mountains a couple hours from home it has worked fine for me.