Re: [VAC] SUV"s for towing

I have a '97 Land Cruiser for towing my '67 Caravel.  Other than easy local
stuff, I have towed to Missoula, MT and back w/o problems.
However, the Land Cruiser manual warns against using weight distributing hitch.
When I asked about this on this list last year, the only suggestion was that
perhaps the frame was not up to it.  From your remark, then, the suspension
travel range on a SUV is the reason for recommending no weight distributing
hitch?
Huff