Re: [VAC] Brake Magnets - Full brake job

Don,
 I suppose it'd depend on the shop. FWIW:, it cost me about $120.00 more
or less for new shoes, magnets, and seals on a single axle A/S last
year. Got the parts at the local NAPA store.

Rebuilding brakes and repacking bearings is one of the more-important
jobs on a trailer. Although it's very easy to do 'right', it's also very
easy to do 'wrong'. It's not a job I want to leave to some kid at the
local RV place, not for the little bit of time that it requires. (figure
a half-hour per wheel) You also need no more tools than what you should
probably be carrying anyway.

I'll not soon forget the report on this List last year from one poor
unfortunate who let the local 'experts' pack his wheel bearings. They
reassembled the bearings inside-out, near as I could gather from his
description. Dunno how they managed to do that, as it'd be a LOT more
work than doing it the correct way.

                                           <<Jim>>