[VAC] Brake Magnets

I'm replacing the brake magnets for the first time on my '66 Safari.  Just
want to make sure the previous owner had them in right.  The little springs
are under the magnet at the post through the center hole, not at the other
post that's through an offset hole on the magnet assembly.  Is this right?

Also, with the spring there, the magnets will always rub on the brake drum,
so they never spin without at least a bit of rubbing sound...is that correct?

Thanks.
John
jixix@aol.com