Re: [VAC] Water Pump

Hi Dana,
         We have a 1972 Overlander that, if I remember correctly, is really
similar to yours.  We had some problems with the water system and it sounds
like your trailer may have similar valves to ours.  Underneath our sink are
three shut off valves (like an outdoor faucet).  The one that sticks out
sideways (and is consequently very difficult to turn) is the one that
drains our tank.  The other two drain the hot and cold water lines that go
to the back of the trailer. (If your follow the pipes carefully, you should
be able to figure out which ones they are.) The ones in the back drain your
water heater.  I have found that our tank will drain using the shut off I
mentioned first, but it doesn't seem to want to drain very fast or
completely.  We haven't winterized yet though, so tipping the trailer first
up at the hitch end and then down may help, I don't know.  Also, for what
it's worth, we had to replace the rubber gaskets that are in each shut off
valves to get them to shut off completely.  Good luck.
Jodi of J&J 1972  Overlander