[VAC] Water Pump

Took our first long trip to Colorado. A/S did great! No problems really
except on our way home the water pump stopped pumping.  We also have about
25 gallons of water in tank and can't seem to drain it out.  I don't think
it leaked out as we were going down the road.  It worked fine for about 5
days. Before we left Co. we did the dump thing, for the first time and it
went OK.  We have that new Sewer Solution and it worked great! We took on
about 25 gal of water so we'd have enough for the trip back home. My husband
did notice the water pump belt was loose, but had been working.  Couldn't
find any reason, but we're not too knowledgeable about these things.  Some
one mentioned one time here about priming the water pump. Maybe we got air
in the lines.
 Also, we don't really know much about the water valves in the trailer.  We
have a manual but it really doesn't go into detail.  We've turned all of
them on and still can't drain the water from the tank.  Ours is 73'
Overlander. We have 2 valves in rear storage compartment, 2 in cabinet in
bathroom for hot water heater (doesn't work so we keep those turned off) and
3 under sink, by the water pump.
We'd appreciate any info on this. Sure wish we could get some directions in
detail.
Thank you guys for all of your help in the past.
DSK in TEXAS