[VAC] Mirror polish

My experience with a pad buffer is that I did not wait for the polish to
dry but kept buffing the mud to the extent that I got a high percentage
picked up in the pad.  I never did experience any throwing of the mud
beyond ten or so inches and then most of it was landed on my face.  After
picking up mud in pad about as good as I could I would spray surface with
Windex with  VINEGAR and wipe off with cloths (actually face wash
cloths).  At first I used a paint thinner but found the vinegar/windex
worked just as good if the mud wasn't very heavy .  I used this procedure
with all three grades of Rolite.  I used the rotary at 1000 rpm for first
cut and 1200 rpm for second and for AP300. After applying and polishing
with AP300, using rotary pad, I then put a second coat of 300 on the top
portion of trailer using  a Cyclo polisher that a friend had (foam pads).
 It was an old one but I wanted to see how it worked at polishing.  It
seemed to polish out with less swirls as reflected  in the bright sun.  I
doubt the  Cyclo has have enough power to cut heavy oxidation with any
ease but feel it is a good finish polisher.  I did find the rotary
polisher it bit easy and faster then the cyclo but maybe simply because I
had gotten pretty adapt with it.  I was working in high/dry New Mexico
and the only climatic condition of concern is that temperature had to be
60 or above or the polish just did not  cut well on the Pre-polish phase.
 I had been advised about this but started at 55 degees one day (for
comfort) and found the job just wasn't getting done so I stopped and came
back an hour later and redid what previously was not satisfactory.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
rlashway@zianet.com