Re: [VAC] Trailer Weight, 63 a/s 26' LY

Terry,
 You might mention that getting an accurate weight on your trailer
involves either:

Disconnecting it from the tow vehicle and leaving it sit on the scale
platform all by itself.

or:

Remove the weight transfer bars before pulling onto the platform, pull
the tow vehicle completely off the platform, and get the trailer weight
alone. Then, when you get home, weigh the tounge with one of those
Sherline tounge scales or the old bathroom scale with lever arrangement.

or:

weigh the entire rig, go home and drop the trailer, then return to weigh
just the tow vehicle.

Methodology involves how long you can tie up the scale.

I personally go for the second method because I have a Sherline tounge
scale and I like to know the combined weight and weight of my tow
vehicle alone. As I roll along the loooonnnnggg platform at the stone
quarry's scale, I note the weight on the large digital display, then let
the truck roll off the end of the platform. I note the second reading,
and that's the one I pay for (they charge $2.00 for an 'official'
weight). At home, I get the tounge weight with the Sherline scale, so I
now have all the information I need, and I don't tie up the quarry's
scale.

                                             <<Jim>>