Re: [VAC] Polished Patina

Hi  Have been towing As since 1964 and it was never as shiny as some I am seeing
on the road now....My 64 did not have clearcoat and one time driving across Ill
a voice came over the CB  "how could you let an AS get in that condition?"  My
answer was sitting out in Ill for 6 winters   the next year it went to P&S  over
in Ohio for polishing (not real shiny)
and clear coat.....It has been refinished twice since then ....cut at an Orange
show rally
(after we moved to CA)  a parker directed my husband where to park and didn't
see the post  so had long deep scratch and  Caravanner insurance would only
cover filling  and then painting silver with clear coat  and then after
Bismarcks (  very little denting because of old hard thicker alum) but the clear
coat was badly cracked and coming off in pieces had
it refinished again with a alum paint and clear coat.....  Pearl