Re: [VAC] 1951

Been poking around my '49, 20' pipe-frame 'Clipper'... and took it on the
flatbed and weighed it at the truck-stop scales...
with all the original fixtures piled inside (including the original enameled
steel tub in the rear)... I calculate its 'dry' weight at just under 1500
lbs.
Haven't had the belly-pan off yet, but i expect to find a fractured pipe
forward of the axle somewhere...
The plan is to construct an all-aluminum frame, and lower the whole thing a
few inches, frame in mountings for grey, black, and blue water tanks... new
floor, wiring, lpg and water lines... possibly an in-floor radiant heating
system fed by a demand ('paloma') hot-water system...
going to take my time, and try to keep the dry-weight around 1400 lbs...