[VAC] To Dull Shiny Aluminum (ah sacriledge)

I have a question that might offend those of you polishing trailers but
oh well....no harm intended.   When doing a patch with new shiny store
bought aluminum is there something I can use to "tone down" this shiny
new piece to a more weathered looking patina rather than have a new
shinny badge?   It will be awhile before I can polish and I'd rather
draw as little attention as possible to the patch, for the time being.
Thank You, Paul sacrilege