Re: [VAC] To Dull Shiny Aluminum (ah sacriledge)

Paul: diodes arrived despite machine canceling.

For ham gear it was proposed and I've tried it to use lye in solution as
an etch to make a satin finish. Since I've tried that, I've preferred a
sanded finish made with straight strokes of wet/dry sandpaper, dry. Wet
makes it more smooth with less character. I'd try (on a scrap of course)
some 600 grit wet/dry but wet. I think you can get a nice satin finish
that way without costing too much aluminum.

Scotchbrite sounds like a good technique too.

Gerald J.