Re: [VAC] Polish: GreenOx -vs- Rolite

This is more of a general comment to the group -

has anyone taken a light to their polished trailer in
the dark?  Is the reflection milky looking?

This is my experience with Rolite products, met-all,
mothers, Dupont 303s, and 3m metal polish.  I've found
a solution for this - if anyone has the same results
I'll share - but maybe it is the way I'm handling the
buffer -

as far as Rolite and Green Ox, I think that they
essentially do the same thing, and if the oxidation is
heavy* it will take a while to smooth it out -- that's
why some people say that you can't get a perfect shine
the first time you polish -- you can try an Eagle One
Aluminum wheel cleaner (acidic - spray on, rinse off)
and that will take a bit off the top layer, but I'd
only do it on heavy oxidation.  worked for me. by the
way -- I think that in both cases, green ox and Rolite
pre-polish are a "cut and color step."

your goal is to start with coarse - let the coarse
break down into a finer polish itself and bring it to
the best shine you can get with that level of polish.
start with heavier pressure, but lighten up as it gets
smoother.

you will go through quite a bit of the coarse stuff if
this is your first polish... if you are trying to get
it perfect, don't worry, you'll use ALOT less of the
later polishes (Supershine or AP300, whichever)

I'd stick with one system though -- waxy polishes
don't mix too well with petroleum based polishes real
well without a good cleaning.

Toby 2029

P.S. I can't believe anyone got their trailer polished
in a week -- but maybe I'm too much of a
perfectionist.