Re: [VAC] Polish: GreenOx -vs- Rolite

I have not polished my trailer but I have done a lot of metal work and a lot of polishing. As to the swirl marks, Remember, just one coarse chunk in your pad will cause swirl marks, just imagine if you had a screw through your pad it would leave lots of marks, An aggressive polish is just basically a coarser grit, and you must make sure that ALL of it is gone before moving on to the next level. Also do not use mass pressure on the first round, let the tool do the work. if the next finer polish is not to much of a jump it should get rid of the swirl marks. In fine metalsmithing, many people have a whole separate area for fine polishing, so as to avoid any coarse material getting into the final passes and it is universal to use pads for only one type of compound. It is just like using finer and finer sandpaper, all you are doing is making a smooth surface