Re: [VAC] Info Wanted

Regarding your tow vehicle, I'm not aware of a 4.2 ltr engine in the Jeep
Cherokee. Jeep has a 4.0 ltr 6 cy in the Cherokee, a 5.2 ltr V8 in the Grand
Cherokee, or now a 4.7 ltr V8 in the Grand Cherokee. If you have the 4.0 ltr 6,
stick to the real light weight trailers and stay at low elevations/flat lands. I
believe the 6 cy has a tow capacity no greater than 5000#'s, but I think that's
overly optimistic. There is no consistency in automotive/truck tow ratings. I
use a 50% greater than needed rule for Colorado.
Electric brakes work fine with a good controller.. get a good one with easily
adjustable feature so you can adjust the brake tension while driving/braking. On
the old a/s's, give the brakes a good going over at a reliable trailer shop. My
'66 26' Overlander (4250 lbs empty) has recurring wire chaffing.
Randy Unter