Re: [VAC] insurance and roadside help

John,

In answer to your note (see below), here are three ideas.

1 - We use RV Emergency Road Service 800-777-4869
Ring them up and ask to have information sent to you.
Yes, I have used the service and yes, it was quick and competent.
Once when truck and trailer needed to be towed because a hydraulic brake line on the truck ruptured
while towing in a town with many signal lights and once when the lock to our Airstream broke in the
locked position while both of us were outside in the rain. This service is in force regardless of
which combination of Airstream or tow vehicle we are using. Cost is around $60+- annually.

2 - Our Airstream insurance is part of our car insurance policy. Again, it is in force regardless of
which combination of vehicles we are using. We have the multiple vehicle discount. And yes, we have
collected on that policy several times. Once when we lost a wheel within 100 miles of the tire store
and suffered damage to the wheel well and outside skin near it, once in Bismarck when hail dented
our trailer roof and smashed all three plastic inserts in our vent caps, and once last month when a
local tornado slammed a round, white plastic, picnic table and a charcoal grill into our Airstream
and dented all four rear corner panels.

3 - Unrelated to your question, we belong to AAA not for the insurance, but for the maps, camp books
and tour books. Every three years, we rejoin and replace all the maps. By getting maps for all the
states, and campbooks for all the states, and tour books for all the states, we are always able to
have an excellent idea of where we're going and what we might find interesting to do - anywhere we
happen to be in the USA.

Plus, and this is a real plus, we can go into any AAA office and get detailed maps of any city. This
may be no big deal for others, but I find it very helpful when tracking down RV service centers and
other city based specialty businesses. The second part of this is their regional maps that include
four corners of four states on one map. This may not sound like much, but for me, it's a major
convenience to gain a data rich perspective with one map, instead of trying to use four separate
maps. To each his own.

Take your time, gather the data and do the standard routine of comparing and contrasting,

Terry