Re: [VAC] UN-Stuck lug nuts on Aluminum wheels.

Jerry,

You just joined the "Broken Socket Tool Club."
If it was a Craftsman flex-handle socket tool, Sears will replace it free.
Been there, done that - and no hassle at all by Sears.
Like you, I now use the pipe extension only with a solid wrench.

Suggest you follow Jim's idea to use a torque wrench when you replace the wheels.
When I lost a wheel after visiting the tire store, I couldn't believe it because I watched the guy
use a torque wrench on that wheel. My mistake was going 100 miles without double checking it.

On hindsight, I should have checked it myself while it was on the jack at the tire store. To this
day, I believe he didn't tighten it to the correct pounds, even though he said he did.

And, yes, a double axle Airstream can be towed with a missing wheel without the naked hub scraping
on the pavement. I went 30 miles at 30 mph to reach an RV service center. And, they didn't have the
correct size stud bolts to replace the ones broken by the wheel when it came off. That's why I now
carry one set of the correct size stud bolts and their nuts.

Live and learn,

TT