Re: [VAC] introduction

Jim,

Several years ago the door lock broke on my 1972 31ft. International. I
replaced it with a $40.00 Bargeman lock from the local RV parts house. I
needed to modify the door and striker on the frame, but it looks very good
and is serviceable. It was a bit smaller than the original Airstream lock so
I made a patch out of heavy aluminum. The job ended up looking quite good
........... though not original.
There are some Airstream folks that repair these door locks. I know of a
person in Lacey, WA at the Land Yacht Harbor that does this. Sorry, I don't
recall his name.

Pat