Re: [VAC] Shelters are cool!

I figured the air space would be useful, I was kind of hoping you were
suggesting an alternative to building the frame.  A canvas lying right on
the airstream would also tend to block the vents on top, which wouldn't help
any with cooling off.

Those canvas covers on the canteens, they didn't have any, or much, air
space, though, right?  So how did that work?  As I recall, not particularly
well, actually, although I guess it's all relative, depending on how hot it
WOULD have gotten.

Anyway, can you think of a way that the frame could be attached to the
airstream, like a baby buggy hood that you could pull up when parked and not
have to build some complex thing around it?  If you are sitting there in the
middle of nowhere are you also going to have a canvas tent thing airlifted
in with you?  And the solar cells too huh?  That's pretty ambitious,
although a nice goal to work toward.

--Sarah