Re: [VAC] Shelters are cool!

Sarah,
you ABSOLUTLY need the airspace...that's what makes it
work...this "trick" has been used for thousands of years
in the "wetter" parts of Africa and Australia. I picked
it up in the US military while in Africa. It's
appropriatly called "evaporative cooling" (can you say
wet T-shirt?)and just about will not work in very humid
areas. Do you remember the "canvas" that used to cover
the round canteens? Same principal...I even use it for
the coolers I carry in the back of my Land Cruiser whilst
offroading. Burlap bags work GREAT for those smaller
items...

See, I have this dream of living in my AS in the middle
of nowhere, after I have had a cargo helicopter set her
down in a small clearing. This kind of information is
actually quite useful when moving toward living only on
solar power.

a fountain of (mostly)useless trivia,
Ralph