Re: [VAC] Short in Right Turn/Brake Signal

I love to "Reply" to my own posts!
Right after I sent off this, I received a post from the one and only
original owner of my '67 Caravel -- regarding the possible source of my
short circuit:

"The short problem with the right turn light could be due a wire in the
rear
hose compartment.  There are wires there that are connected to the right
turn light that were used for an auxiliary tail when bikes were
installed
on the rack  hidding the regular tail light.  The wire terminals were
covered
by being inserted into small rubber hoses.  The hoses may have slipped
off
the terminal. allowing the terminals to touch the bumper causing the
short.
Since you don't have any use for those terminals, they should be
taped.."

[I did peer into the bumper/sewage hose compartment, but failed to make
anything out of it!  I'll look again, and harder this time!]

Huff