RE: [VAC] Tow vehicles

With a 4 cyl, at 3800 pounds plus 2 adults and 4 kids, I'd guess your
exceeding or coming close to exceeding the GVWR for the vehicle.
I'd contact a local Toyota Service Manager and get the exact tow rating.  I
owned a '79 Tradewind that weighed around
4500 pounds pulled it with my F150/302, and though I could do 45 mph on steep
grades in 2nd gear, I could hear the gasoline poor
into the engine when getting the trailer up to speed on the flats. ;-)  So,
even though Toyotas are great, reliable rigs,
I think it's a little overmatched in this case.  Your Toyota would truly be
happier pulling a Caravel, Bambi, or Globetrotter.

Regards,

David