Re: [VAC] Re: bunk beds

Greetings Gregory!

The brackets that you have spotted are for an option called the "hammock bunk"  it
was basically a (canvas) hammock rated for up to 90 pounds.  There were support
rods along the length of each long side - - one was supported by the two wall
brackets and the other was supported by two fixtures that hooked into the ceiling
brackets.  One of my earliest memories of camping was sleeping in one of these
hammocks back when my '64 was new and I was 5-years old.  I haven't seen one of
these "hammock bunks" in ages - - the ones that came with my trailer were
lost/discarded years ago.

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban