Re: [VAC] Re: bunk beds

All,

Luckily our '67 Tradewind has a similar floor plan. Rear bath, two single beds along
each side in the center section and a pull out couch in the front.   Ours is also
equipped
with the brackets on the walls and on the ceiling above each single bed.

We had this bunk bed discussion on the list about a year ago and at that time didn't I

think the brackets were sturdy enough to hold a bed and a small child.

Well while "touring" several old rundown AS's on a dealers lot my wife and I came
across a  Bambi, at least that's what I think it was, where the only sleeping was two
sets of bunk cots.  This got me to thinking....

We had a couple old cots we used for tent camping many years ago, in my parents attic.

My folks, my wife and I recovered the cots.  We also had collected some old tent poles

with no tent.  I used the poles to extend the legs on the cots.  Luckily, the cots
seems
to be made to be hung from the walls brackets.  I made the legs to support the weight
of the cot and its occupant and use the wall brackets only to hold the cot in place.

Anyway with a few extra tent type poles and a pipe cutter I installed the cots in one
evening.  Also we could take the cots out in 5 minutes easy.

We camped with this new sleeping arrangement for the first time this past weekend
and the six of us slept so much better.  Oh, our smallest two children sleep on the
cots, the older two sleep underneath and my wife and I up front on the couch.

Good Luck,

Mark