Airstreams in Distress Re: [VAC] looking to buy an airstream

Hi John,

   Welcome.
 There is a business called Vermont Healthy Homes that refurbishes
Airstreams for people with hypersensitivity to air contaminants. These are
not your average Vintage A/S's. They have been totally gutted including the
flooring with the contents ripped out and thrown in the dump. The remaining
shell and frame is scrubbed to remove all traces of glue, sound deading
compound and any other residual chemicals that may cause an allergic
reaction. The owner of the company himself is hyper-allergic.
 Now the Price tag for all this, as you can well imagine, is not cheap. His
finished product with all new non-allergenic materials and appliances range
from $20K+ and UP.

Their web site is at:

http://www.healthy-homes.com/airstrea.htm

As a side note:
    There are those of us on the list who believe that this business is
violating the spirit of  the Vintage Club, in that no effort is being made
to salvage the contents of these units, which range in model years from 1954
to 1975. I believe if enough of us who are interested in this, contact this
business with requests for vintage interior components, we may be able to
convince them that there is a secondary market that they are missing, in the
sale of these items.
    I am in no way connected to this business and have tried on more than
one occasion to solicit a resolution to what I perceive as a waste of a
resource to all of us.

    John this may be more info than you expected but I believe this was the
right opportunity to express my concerns.
Once again Welcome and keep those questions coming.

WAM
'66 TWLY
'56 CARLY
'63 OLLY