Re: [VAC] CATALYST HEATERS

When we talk about Catalitic Heaters, some one always gets into the
Panic mode, ....pushes the button, and suddenly, the sky is falling.
First, and foremost, Catalitic Heaters  DO NOT produce Carbon Monoxide.
As a matter of fact, there is NO combustion.  The reason for the
catalyst is to make the LP give off heat just below the temperature of
combustion.   The byproducts of a Catalitic heater are Carbon Dioxide,
and H2O.  The Catalitic Heater was invented by a Frenchman, during WW I
to heat the engines of the early French airplanes, so they would be
ready to take off quickly.  It was impossible to have flames near the
aircraft, because of all the gasoline.   Since the catalitic heater
works without a flame, it was safe to use the heaters near the airplane
engines.   Now then, lets stop all this talk about suffocation.   If you
heat your trailer with an open flame or with a kerosene heater, you will
die from carbon monoxide.   Catalitic heaters do not put out Carbon
Monoxide.   Jim, I hope you didn't throw that catalitic heater in the
dumpster,  Cat heaters are much safer than those old rusty furnaces,
that probably leak in the heat exchanger.

Bill Scott
66 Trade Wind Land Yacht with an old
Thermix Catalitic Heater that still works.