Re: [VAC] tires to tow?

Laurie,
I was towing a 7000 lb. box style trailer on I 40 near the AZ NM border and had a blowout on my right rear tow tire.  thank God I din't panic and used the trailer brakes to keep the rig in line and slowely pull to the side.  I was towing with a '72 International Travelall which helped with the stability.  I found out I was trying to save money and bought atomotive radials and the belt in the tire slipped from the torque of the drive wheels pulling so much weight.  The trailer I tow now which is the same length ways almost half of what my present 26' AS weighs but DONOT skimp on buying heavy duty tires.  Most tires out now are radial including heavy duty service ones.
Vanessa
'56 Overlander