Re: [VAC] Traveler repairs

Tom Walden, you lucky guy.  I have heard of a 1958 Traveler, but I have
never seen one.  The official info is that they were made only in Calif,
and only in 1958.  They were 18 ft in length,  2100 lbs dry weight, and
sugg retail new $2695.  The serial number series should be 4000 and up.
What else is different about the 58 Traveler, and does your's fit the
bill??

Nice going on the segment change.  You can get 2024- T3 alclad from
Kansas City Air Parts.  You can also get clecos, and other good aluminum
parts.  Don't forget, when that skin got dented, it probably stretched,
and if so , must be replaced.  If you pound it flat, the holes will be
moved then it will affect your pattern.  If the piece wraps around that
lower quarter panel, leave the end uncut until you have riveted most of
it into place.  If you cut it to early , then wrap it and rivet it, the
piece may come up short, and that is a hassle, I know from experience.
Are you getting some help from a sheet metal man?   I'll send you the
url for the aluminum when I find it.

Thanks for the good info, as always.

Bill