[VAC] old 1959

Hello everyone, my name is Michael, from Michigan.
I have a chance to purchase a 28 foot 1959 airstream.  After picking and
crawling around for several hours, I have some questions.If I repack the
bearings with grease and get new rubber, how reliable will these old
double axles be?  The ceiling and sides are all dry.  There is a couple
of floor problems in the back and by the main door.  I believe the
moisture came up from below, as it spent some time in a farm field.  I
can do most of the work myself how available are parts such as rubber
molding around windows and doors.  The wood cabinets are in good shape,
and the couch in the front would need to be repolstered.  I can purchase
it for $550.00 I'm a little concerned that I would have more invested in
it than it might be worth when I'm through rebuilding it.  Would I be
better off finding a different trailer in better condition?  And how do
I know if the steel inner frame is structurally sound?  Do I have to
remove and replace the complete under body panels?  I'm interested  in
hearing from anybody with similar experiences/success stories/advice.
Thanks, Michael