Re: [VAC] old 1959

Michael,
Sounds like a fairly good deal to me. Let me know if you don't buy it.
I sold a stripped out beat up shell for $500 to someone who was happy
with it for his purposes and I got some parts I needed in the deal.
Seriously, you may find that it takes too much time and money to get it
into the shape you really want, but I'm fairly sure from your
description that you could get your money back if you had buyer's
remorse.  The bad floor by the door is typical, resulting from the
hardened, cracked and missing dual door gasket seals.  Water gets in and
pools and soaks the plywood and then rots over time.  The back moisture
problems are either a ceiling seam leak, a window seal leak, or a vent
leak rather than moister from below.  The frame might need welding
repairs, put pressure on the back bumper to see if it is separating.
repack the wheel bearings before you tow it any distance or have it done
at a nearby gas station.  All in all only you can judge how much work
and money you feel you can afford.  Systems and appliances might need
repair, see if you can test them first.  Again, I mean it, let me know
if you pass on it cause I might very well be interested in it.
Tom Walden
56 Overlander
55 Safari
58 Traveler