[VAC] Clear coat after polishing? was re: Polishing

Hi John,  sometimes it may take a little while for someone to respond.  In
this case that's me.....  I saw you post your question earlier.

Do you realize that you have to remove the original clear coat in order to
polish?  After a good polishing, applying a clear coat requires some
relavtively controlled conditions (kinda like auto-body paint job).  Adding
a clear coat will reduce some of the shine.  But I think that if you want
some kind of protectant, there is something else that is more
'user-servicable'

But in the end, repolishing is not nearly so bad after your trailer has had
a good polishing once, just a matter of up-keep.  But if you put a clear
coat on, you got to bother stripping it off first (in addition to all the
plastic lenses and whatnot)

There used to be quite a few postings critical of the factory clear coat
quality.  Many of them seem like the trailer went through a period of
non-maintenance and the clear coat dried out and cracked then peeled.  I
have seen a couple that have been faithful in care and they are quite happy
with the finish.

    Jay L. Griffin [a.k.a. Jrnymn "Journeyman"]
    http://homepage.dave-world.net/~jrnymn/jrnyindex.htm
    http://homepage.davesworld.net/~jrnymn/jrnywebarchive.htm
  /          [ ]    )   Ayrstream Overlander '56 26'