[VAC] do I need a water tank?

Hello all, my first post to you all.  I am re-doing my second Airstream, a 68-30 foot
International Sovereign and wonder as I want to replace a sofa I gave away to other
Airstreamers with a futon sofa I'd like to know whether or not I can hook up the
water supply directly to the existing pump or a slimmer profile model without the
gears and belts.  I need the clearance for the sofa. A local Airstream dealer says,
why not?  Unit will be stationary and will have a water supply.
     While I have your ears, I wonder if any of you have done a butt tuck on a saggy
butt rear bath...does the Vintage library have a nice video...any advice aside from
having my head examined?         Annie