Re: [VAC] Potty problems

Tim - I wil offer you my experience with the porcelain potty on my 64 Safari:
When I got it 5 yrs ago, the bowl was fractured, but intact. I knew I
couldn't live with this so I removed the 2 pc coupling clamp from where the
porcelain meets the square valve assembly box below it. I believe this was
aluminum, and badly corroded, unusable. The bowl was able to slide basically
straight out back hatch, after disconnecting plumbing & bolts, vacuum
breaker, etc., since it was as you described just under the "bench. I KNEW
this would be hard to replace or a expense to buy a new one. So what I did
was use epoxy (PC-7) to put all the (large) pieces back together after I
carefully separted them. I like puzzles. This worked great, and after it set,
I was able to reinstall  it again. My solution for the 2 piece clamp was to
put it back inplace with more epoxy,  I think, and then connect 3  six inch
long Stainless Steel band clamps end -to-end to make the circumference. This
was made tight, and has held for 5 years. So has the bowl. My only problem
now is that the "dump" pedal lever is stiffening up from infrequent use, and
I can't seem to get inside the valve assembly to hit it with some WD-40. 4
large screws on access plate are frozen solidly in place. Anybody have a
solution for this? My next attempt willl be Visegrips, but these are probably
aluminum screws, and will shear off.
Further downstream, at the blackwater discharge, I am trying to change out
the original Theford dump valve to a modern one, but am hampered by the
greywater  joining up after the gate in a "Y" fitting before the final elbow
out.
 Hope any of this helps you. dont give up on the porcelain potty just yet,
but if you do, I would be interested to know the route you took, if I ever
have to.
Jere Potter
'64 safari in perpetual plumbing purgatory