[VAC] Murphy's Law?

Howdy all!
I had another busy day on my Safari.  I started very early this morning, first
stop, the Post Office, to mail my WBCCI/VAC applications!

I continued cleaning up old caulking and silcone today, I used many plastic
scrapers!  That's the key to removong silicone, keep a SHARP plastic scraper
at it while you pull the bead away!

I noticed one of my original plumbing vents is broken in many places, does AS
have these?

I finally applied Vulkem to my three top vents, and it went on very easily.
 The caulk I removed from there was original, and it was probably the source
of all the leaks, and the only place a past owner did not caulk!  Nice aluminum
colored bead now!

I was all set to fix my copper hot water line, which blew when the last owner
failed to winterize.."I just drained it"..anyway, I went to the dreaded Home
Depot to get some 1/2 inch copper pipe, to replace the broken section.  I cut
out the bad piece, and cut a new one, but I had 1/2 inch ID pipe!  The pipe
I was fixing is 1/2 OD?

 Is this something that has changed over the years?  I see there was a fix before,
and a past owner just fit rubber tubing (cold water shower/toilet/B.sink,I think)rather
than replace the copper.  I wanted to fix it with copper, but maybe I can't.
 Another trip to HD tomorrow to see what kind of pipe it is.  I HATE to fix
it with plastic/rubber, but it sure would be easier!  Murphy's Law!

What is the norm for RV plumbing in the year 2000?  Maybe I should just do it
new.

Time for bed.

Nick
'68 Safari