Re: [VAC] Murphy's Law?

 Nick-- It sounds like you're dealing with many of the plumbing headaches
I've had with my '64 Safari. No matter what I did to winterize, something
leaked in the spring. The previous owner also had his share of "fix-its"
patched in there too. This spring another split copper pipe got a quick &
dirty fix by pinching it back together, and sealing it with a drop a solder.
After my two week outing with the trailer, and finding that the shower was
also out of comission, I took on a PROJECT to Re-Plumb the entire trailer
with PEX, and new fixtures. The original look was maintained, however.
The copper that I took out was 3/8" stuff, not 1/2". I have access to a fine
plumbing supply store here who could supply me with parts & advice, but I
finally gave up patching it and went with PEX, in hopes that it would be more
freeze-tolerant, because I keep the trailer in the Mountains at 8300'  much
of the time. It could freeze in July!!
 I actually had to keep one part as copper, as I could not duplicate that in
PEX, the "manifold" section where all the feeds  begin, and around the toilet
bowl.  But I sweated that new. I also incorporated a blowout fitting to aid
in that, as simply draining is incomplete. I swear, there were times this got
my head spinning, trying to do such a "small" project. I took pictures before
starting in case I got totally lost, but did not have to use them.   My
advice if you must stay with copper is to keep an inventory of spare fittings
to piece it back together every spring.... Jere Potter (1877) '64 Safari