Re: [VAC] safety chains

Mark,
 I replaced the entire 'A' frame back to just ahead of the trailer body,
due to interior (hidden) rust. I welded the new safety chains to the 'A'
frame, along with a new hitch, when I was welding the rest of the thing.
There's no reason that you couldn't weld the chains to some small plates
and attach the latter to the 'A' frame with a couple of 3/8" bolts on
each one. That way, if you don't have a welder, you could get a buddy or
welding shop to do that part of it and still install it with only your
3/8" drill motor.

                                            <<Jim>>

                       <<http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer>>
                                <<jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>>