Re: [VAC] RV mantles

Jerry,

No you are not nuts.  When we purchased our first A/S in 1977 (it was a
58\59) the previous owner had tied the bandana over the globe when traveling
and said they never broke a mantle using it.  It has worked for me in
several trailers but not the Bambi.  I think the Bambi is so small and
bouncy that  it causes it to break.  I'm going to try to cushion the mount
to see if that will work.  I has soved the problem in other trailers I've
had.  I think 7 A/S in 24 years.

Kathy