[VAC] What to do, leaky flue?

Yo-tey-hey,
            So I haven't gotten right up on the roof and looked at the situation,
but it seems as though the flue vent has been leaking for a long time...(floor is
rotted under frig)...and I heard drops the other day during a rainstorm.  Is this
a caulking issue?  Is it true that you can compromise the seam seals by cavorting
up on the roof?  Not even cavorting...just crawling around even.  Since I am getting
rid of the frig., I wonder if I can just close it off completely...(electric frig....rig
will be landlocked)...for that matter, can I block up the floor vent or should I
use this to provide air for the regular frig coils?
                                   Up on the Roof,
             							Annie