Re: [VAC] Hot Light Fixture

Hi Tim and Cindy,

You've already heard someone suggest a bulb with less brightness (heat).
I've found that bulbs with the #1141 on the base are cooler. Then, in order to
get a wider array of light, I've replaced the plastic diffuser inside the
fixture cover with a clear one that also has a magnifying feature in it.
Voila - bright, cool lights and not much money spent.

While on the topic, I have replaced all incandescent fixtures that are used
for long periods of time with fluorescent fixtures. They come in many
sizes, so get the smallest one with the least number of amps and try it out.
If it's satisfactory, then begin replacing them as your quarter jar fills up.

Shop around for fluorescent fixtures with two bulbs in them. We've seen the
range between $20 to $40 for the exact same model number. If you go to
Quartzite, AZ in February, they usually have the cheapest prices.

One caveat - any light fixture that you use infrequently and only for a
short period of time (compartments and closets), leave them with
incandescent bulbs. Fluorescents don't take kindly to being turned on
and off (they like being turned on and left on). Incandescents could
care less.

Still catching up on 400 VAC emails after not picking up often enough,
Terry