Re: [VAC] Lighting fixtures - 66 Safari

Hi Bob Kiger,

Every year I pick up one or two of these fixtures at the WBCCI International
Flea Market. My goal is to have lights in all compartments of all four Airstreams.
I still need more. I still go to garage sales. I still poke around RV stores,
especially those with poor lighting and no evidence of organized inventory.
I still look at trailers advertised in the paper that might become my own
personal parts supply building on wheels. I still go to rallies and ask my
never ending questions about parts. I still track down caravan mechanics
any time any one of them is parked in any campground we're in. These are the
places where I find my rectangular lighting fixtures and a lot more 1960s stuff.

Second suggestion is a trip to any RV boneyard. Most RV dealers have one or
two clunkers they haven't yet carted off. Although Sandie thinks I'm a pack
rat and cringes everytime I stroll into a new dealership where "junk is parked
off in one corner," everything I get has a purpose -- and someday, the purpose
will be fulfilled -- when I get around to it. My philosophy is if I have it, I can
install it. But, if I have to go hunting for it, I can't be installing what I already
have. She says I buy "junk" on speculation. I wonder which of us is the perpetual
optomist. When I'm dead and buried, our kids will probably agree it's junk, but
in my will, I'll ask them to find a VAC member first before my junk gets carted
off or sold off. To a VAC member, it might be the vintage mother lode.
Terry