Re: [VAC]single axle trailers hello

I noticed last fall on the first trip with my '68 Caravel that I could
compare tire pressures by comparing the slope of the front window and
the back window of the pickup topper. When the tire pressures on the
trailer were not balanced there was a difference in that slope. So I
could check tire pressure remotely while driving on smooth roads.

The tandem axle arrangement of the Airstream with the rubber mounted
axles is unique and does allow one tire to hold up a side, though that
one tire will be overloaded. Regular inspection is important either with
a tough shoe toe or a hammer or little ball bat just like high pressure
truck tires. And the original bias ply tires were small high pressure
truck tires. A pause for such a short hike is of great benefit in
preventing driver and passengers from tiring of riding and turning
stiff.

For transient fishtailing such as caused by meeting a fast moving semi
on a two land road with the wind off the port bow, a touch of the
trailer brakes alone is a great help at stabilizing and stopping the
sway.

Gerald