Re: [VAC]single axle trailers hello

hello: from Joe Campbell and his 1956 overland #1956
 (campbells condensed coop) my trailer is approx. 26 ft. (single axle). and i
do have concern about the single wheel on each side. it has been said that we
will notice a bit of sway (fish tail effect) or handling problems. (true). we
can look back. in the past the tires were (bias ply.) not today's radials!
the bias ply tire had a stiffer ride.due to the fact that the side wall is
(heaver) on this type of tire. the radials of today are (soft)on the side
wall of the tire. (more forgiving and a softer ride). do take care in your
tire choice. if you can find and do go with a bias ply tire. caution! too
stiff is not good for the trailer. also note: most all our tow vehicles will
stop with one flat tire. just keep in mind and be prepared. from Joe Campbell
and his 1956 overland # 1956 (campbells condensed coop)