Re: [VAC] Towing Question

Elsia:

As some have suggested you really need to use a weight distribution hitch.
A 12" drop is a lot and although I assume your trailer is towing at level
some strange things can happen between two vehicle and the trailer.  Your
truck certainly can handle a 26ft trailer but you obviously have some bad
dynamics going for you.  In any case I would find it just a bit on safe to
depend entirely on my hitch ball to take all the action of the towing
process and that is the reason the equalizer or weight distribution hitches
develop.  It permits you to set up your trailer/truck properly with each
other.  You really shouldn't know that trailer is behind you if things were
right.

Roy