RE: [VAC]Sealing polish trailer

Bob:

I would not suggest the Walbernizer for bear polish aluminum as it really
is designed as a  treatment for the plastic-coat.  If you polish off the
plasti-coat will seems a moot point.

I just completed poishing my Bubble using Rolite Products and I used a
Paint Polish and Sealant they recommended to seal the bear aluminum.  It is
a wipe on, haze up, polish off by hand.  How well it does over time  I will
jsut waint and see.  I assume I will use it at least once a year but more
often if necessary.  Easy stuff you apply and on a 16' unit not over labor
intensive.  This stuff is also recommended for cars finishes.  Call Rolite
at 1-800-253-6466, ask for Janet and ask about their Polish Sealant.

I recall many months back when Jim Weston, of www.Airmarktool.com used to
be on this list he was adament against clear coats because he said they
sealed more corrosive stuff in then they kept out and the corrosion just
worked under the clear-coats and you didn't know it was there.  He could
sure give you some recommendations on some sealers for polished aluminum.

My guess is that at your location I would plan to seal more then once a
year but play it by ear.  Like your car finish you will see things
happening.

Roy