Re: [VAC] Holding tanks

Tom,
My trailer doesn't have a gray tank either. I have thought long and hard
about adding one. Here are some of my thoughts.
1) It needs to hang from the frame, not the belly pan.
2) It needs to be located near the axle, not back by the rear, near the
bath. The frame just was not designed to carry the weight, especially if I
cannot dump before moving.
3) Just increasing the black tank size may not be a viable option, have you
pulled the belly skin and looked to see what room is available? Seems to me
that the frame may get in the way (I haven't looked yet). Another problem to
this solution is that if you camp where gray water can be drained to the
ground, you will not be able to do this because it will be mixed with black
water. Even another problem is what happens when your tank is full? Will you
have a mixture of black and gray water backing up into your tub?

Size needed will depend on the number of people and water usage habits. My
wife and I currently use a blue portable tank for gray water. It holds 20
gallons, and we can go a full day, perhaps longer if we are somewhat careful
on usage.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander